At Bungunyah Apartments we take sustainability seriously. Because of this we have undertaken numerous initiatives to help decrease our carbon footprint.
One of our major initiatives is the current ongoing installation of solar panels to the roofs of all our our villa units. Once completed this will further reduce our carbon emissions.
Our short term accommodation is located in the leafy outer Eastern suburb of Croydon. As well as being surrounded by our lush gardens, each villa has it’s own private front and rear garden for guests to enjoy. We only use tank water to keep our gardens looking their best.
In fact our Margriet unit was actually built on top of a purpose built tank that holds around 30,000 litres of water. This collects all the rainwater needed for the gardens.
Some of our Sustainability Initiatives
We are currently in the process of adding solar panels to all our villas. Once completed our reliability on grid electricity will be reduced.
Other energy saving initiatives include:
- Most lighting throughout our Croydon property uses energy-efficient LED bulbs
- Motion controlled electricity installed
Purpose built 30,000 litre water tank built over one of our villas. This supplies all the water needed for our gardens.
Other initiatives include:
- Water efficient toilets
- Option to reuse towels
- Water efficient showers
We have introduced a number of initiatives to reduce our waste. These include:
- Recycling bins available to guests and waste is recycled
- Water cooler/dispenser available
- Single-use plastic is NOT used for stirrers, straws, water bottles, beverage bottles, plastic cups, plastic cutlery or plastic plates